Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Crafts: Sensory Bean Bags

Months ago I thought, "Hey, you should make some sensory bean bags for Rae!" This was after I searched online and saw what other companies wanted for textured bean bags ($18 - $30...yikes!) So, with my Mom in tow, I went out and gathered different textures, bought lentils, and then....nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. The materials just sat on my sewing table in their JoAnn bag waiting for me to get off my butt and make Rae's bean bags.

Time ticked by and I made a few pathetic excuses as to why I hadn't started the project (sometimes it is fear of messing up...that stuff cost money). Christmas started getting closer and I knew I wanted to do something for Rae's PT and OT. These bags would be perfect and I had plenty of material. So, this week I got down to business and made the sensory bean bags (it only took about a little over an hour for one set). I have other textures that I plan on adding to the set.


The red one is really soft and furry, the beige one is rough (burlap), the blue one is smooth like suede, and the yellow one is vinyl (bent a needle making the first one).

Helping Anna open her present. 

Oooooo, tissue paper!

Surprise!

So soft...

I'm glad I finally made them because the look on her PT and OT's faces when they
received them was priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed! Sadly, my skills do not include sewing but I might have to make an effort to reproduce something like this for my son! Found you via Love that Max. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I intend on making a few sets and selling them, probably on ebay. I also make sandbags for positioning.

    ReplyDelete