Thursday, September 26, 2013

The "Right" Words

After I wrote the previous post, "Getting It," I stumbled across the following poem on Pinterest. I don't know the title of this piece and I have no idea who J. Hendel is, but he/she totally nailed it! Often times people struggle to find the "right" words when friends/family are going through a tough time (for lack of better phrasing). Sometimes there are no "right" words and the best thing one can say and do is summed up by the last stanza. I'm not going to analyze this for you or explain why it touched my heart (you're smart people, I'm pretty sure you can figure it out).


*This poem was originally posted by Hollye Jacobs from The Silver Pen in a posting titled, "Caring for Children When a Parent Dies" (it took some digging to find the original post since direct links to it are blocked).


No comments:

Post a Comment