Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sun Beams: The New Book

Every once in awhile I stumble across something that I think Rae might enjoy like our recent purchase of a Baby Sniffles Erie. I just can't seem to resist the urge to buy her a toy that she may become enthralled with because she doesn't always act very enthused with other toys like the bouncing Tigger that talks. Seriously, he makes her cry. It's so sad.

Well, the other day, after another doctors appointment (a bad pattern is developing...doctor appointment = toy), I went to a local Once Upon a Child hoping to find a pair of white sandals (my white whale of the moment) and ended up buying a V-Tech nursery rhyme book. Best $3.50 spent...EVER! She LOVES it and I feel like I did a good job.

Yes, my husband was correct...
we are already tired of hearing Ol' McDonald.

Patting her book to hear the puppy bark.

Coming from a parent that tries so hard to solicit a response from my sometimes non-responsive daughter this toy is magical. The book almost never fails to capture her interest, make her laugh and reward me with a grin from ear to ear. It now goes everywhere with us and even her Mimi and G-Boss have been programmed to sing-a-long...B-I-N-G-O!

She was really tired, but had a good grip on her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment